Below you will find an overview of the ILLiad lending workflow. For each step you will find links to corresponding workflow tools, as well as ILLiad documentation and video tutorials from Atlas Systems.
Essentials for every ILLiad library
These are the essential tips that every ILLiad library needs to implement for an optimized workflow. These are quick to implement and save tons of time.
- Convert PDF articles to TIFF – Easily supply your ILL-friendly electronic articles using Odyssey
- CopyTitleToClipboard (Video Tutorial) – Never manually copy the title of a request again
- ILL Fee Management (IFM) – Reduce the manual processing of lender invoices
- Odyssey Helper (Video Tutorial) – Send your Odyssey articles in batch, rather than one at a time
- OdysseyReminder (Video Tutorial) – Disable this time wasting pop-up
- PrintDocumentsPath – If accurate, ILLiad will open your Word templates automatically
These take a little longer to implement, but will save you lots of time (and sometimes money) in the long run.
- Constant data – Eliminate hand typing on your OCLC work forms
- Email routing – True time savers: contact patrons with custom messages, while updating the status of requests at the same time
- Routing rules – Let ILLiad automate parts of your workflow
- Print templates – Use your (hopefully post-consumer content) paper more effectively
Helpful tips to consider
Unessential, but these cool tips can do wonders for your workflow.
- AutoHotKey – Macro software that can eliminate repetitive typing of locations, etc.
- Billing Manager – If you send a large number of paper invoices, this can save you time
- Clearing up stale requests – Tidy up your queues by getting rid of old requests
- Dual monitors – The best thing since sliced bread
- Scanning equipment – Overview of your options